Search This Blog

Monday, July 26, 2010

Why don't we talk about Economics?


Interesting question wouldn't you say. I called this blog "Ujima" (3rd principle of Nguzo Saba(Seven Principals of Kwanzza) meaning "Collective Work and Responsiblity". I have included a picture of the "Ukama" (meaning family) in this because the family is the basic economic unit in the "hood". It stands in the front of the Ridgeview Library as a reminder of that in my opinion.

It seems we have persons nationally that we can name off the top of our heads in the fields of education, sports, politics, religion, social justice but economics...who??? Could it be that is area we are to be kept in literal darkness? Can we keep depending on "getting a job" when there aren't any for the majority in the country, what is left for the minorities?

I think we need a serious discussion about economics or putting it another way, getting out of debt and saving money. There is a serious difference between getting rich and building wealth. Do not get me wrong, I have made the same mistakes economically many have made, but I thank Allah(God) I have been able to access information that will help me "overcome debt".

New Cars. bling-bling, rent to own, pawn shops and the LOTTERY feed off of people who do not have much. I will give details a little later.

Start thinking about GETTING OUT OD DEBT AND SAVING MONEY!! Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment